Our family has been able to escape real life for the past few weeks which has been a WELCOMED change. We spent a week up in Idaho, Island Park, and Yellowstone with Mike's family. We nicely fit 30+ of us into a fun cabin in Island Park where we enjoyed waterfalls, river rafting, hiking, sleeping, campfires, and lots and lots of kids running around. Then we headed up to Yellowstone where we were able to enjoy the incredible sights of that park. We had a blast. One thing that I learned (or maybe just confirmed) is that I LOVE wildlife...from a distance... and in a car. If I don't have something between me and the bears...count me out!
After Mike's family reunion, we headed up to my parent's house where the fun continued. We spent hours in the pool and playing with cousins. The kids had fun on tractor rides, tie-dying, playing badminton , and roasting s'mores around the campfire. We also headed to Santa Rosa and Bodega Bay where we enjoyed the stinky sea weed and really fun tide pools. The kids loved finding all the little sea creatures. All in all, it was exactly what we (especially me) needed. Now back to reality...uhh, do I have to? Big, fat, ugly Bison. These things were all over the place.
2 years ago
6 comments:
Talk about a vacation! Sounds like it was lots of fun.
I'm glad you were able to get away for awhile. Looks like an awesome vacation.
Fun! Fun! We didn't go anywhere this summer - total bummer. I'm glad you had a good time.
I love it up there. Wish my family did cool things like that! That sounds so fun. So glad you were able to get away.
I loved the pictures and the beautiful scenery. It sounds like you had a really fun time and I'm so glad you were able to get away for a while. I'm sure I would have wanted the same distance from the wildlife as well :)
Your family is so adorable by the way. I still just can't help but picture our girls playing together and being friends. Some day...
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that hot tub pic...the girls faces are pure joy:) Glad you guys had a fun trip AND so glad you're back:)
Post a Comment